Monday, July 31, 2006

Summer Slowdown

The NBA grinds to a halt during the offseason. Sure, trades and rumors swirl and diehards ponder every which way of potential trades and multi-team swap sign-and-trade minimum secondary biannual exception scenarios. The salary cap has done wonders for parity in the NBA but for compelling news it does not. I'm just waiting for the offseason to be over and the training camps to start and the summer league heroes who were lighting up the benchwarmers, DLers, and undrafteds are handed their lunch by a superstar talent who's been chillin' in the Caribbean on their boat for 3 months.

There are 2 things we need to assess here: 1) The Draft. 2) Offseason moves. But there are still more of those to come, so I wait and wait and then Street & Smith's or some other delusional rag comes out and I'm all hoops hype. But in the summer I'm sluggish and slothful and feel very unbasketball-like. When I can venture out again into the outdoors because of the heat, I'll shoot some hoops and start thinking b-ball again.

For now, here is my impression of the offseason. The single biggest move of the year. Peace.



ROY, Surratt! ROY... you better draft your Bobbiecats high this year!

No comments: