Friday, April 28, 2006

2006 Playoff Prognostications

For the record I just want to lay out my take... so here goes.

The East:

Detroit is the team. No other team compares. Only an injury will derail these playas from the finals.

Miami... may be the opponent for the Pistons... and I think their frontcourt could match up OK with the Walaces and Prince (if Alonzo gets back on the floor)... but I think the Heat are vulnerable in the 2nd round... the NJ-IND winner (Indiana in 6) could pose some problems... the Pacers have got bodies to throw at Shaq... Jermaine O'Neal seems to be fired up and HEALTHY... if only Peja could contribute?... but in the end... it'll be Miami in 6 over Indiana in one semifinal.

Detroit is gonna matchup against the Washington-Cleveland winner... and it won't be easy... but whoever comes out of that series (the biggest toss-up in my opinion) is gonna be drained... right now, I think the Wiz have the edge... my man Arenas is a bad mo fo... but the Pistons will roll in 5... maybe 6 (I doubt it) in the other semifinal.

In the East Finals, I see the Pistons rolling again... in 5... 6 at the most...

On to the wild wild wild west!
The Spurs, Dallas, and LA (clippers) are the teams I like.... obviosly the Spurs and Mavs are rolling... but Dallas and San Antonio will meet in the western semifinals... and I like San Antonio (again)... they are just so good at playoff basketball - they defend, they rebound, the get to the rim instead of relying on jump shots, etc, etc, etc... Duncan and Parker are awesome.... and they have not-so-secret (playoff) weapon in Manu (and Finley... and Horry... and Brent Barry... and Nazr... and Van Excel...etc, etc, etc... Spurs in 7 (love that homecourt advantage!).

In the other semifinal, I see the Clippers (a VERY dangerous bunch) against the Suns (although I have not counted out the Lakers). An LA-LA series would be fun (because the Clips would win), but I think the Suns are better... and will prevail in 6 or 7 games to meet the "other" LA team. In that matchup, I like the Clips... to much inside firepower for the Suns to deal with... and they've got the perimeter plaers too... and Sam-I-Am... Clipper over Suns in 6.

So the west will come down to San Antonio vs. the Clippers... and experience, defense, big bodies, and penetration will allow the Spurs to march on to the Finals... in 6 games.

In the Finals, I see a great rematch... but the Pistons have homecourt this year... and they will need it... in game 7... redemtion will be thiers... the Spurs will be worn out... and won't be able to stem the tide of the 2006 NBA Champs... the Detroit Pistons.

shaman

No comments: