Thursday, April 20, 2006

The most Serious Playa is... Shaman

By a whopping 3 steals which secured 2 category points for the champion as the steals category leader wins the entire league. All this despite the Blacktop's winning the marathon final period title by 5 points over shaman, driven by the vendetta-motivated performance of Kyle Korver, who was dropped by shaman for just this final period and whose 15 3 pointers this week basically earned Blacktop 3 total category points against shaman. That's good, last year I won by one category point given to me by 2 steals by someone (Andre Iguodala) that shaman had dropped for the final period.

This league is great. It is truly remarkable that I had any chance at all, given that shaman's own Andrei Kirilenko stomped on my main man Yao Ming's foot in the 1st game of this crucial 6 game period. It is ironic that AK secured shaman the championship not by his stats but by his accidental foot-stomping. Good thing he came back from that injury so he could injure another freakishly talented foreign-born player. After dominating the Rebounds category for almost 20 weeks, The Bling-Blingers fell to 3rd in the Rebounds category, trailing shaman by 34 total. I'm fairly confident that Yao, averaging 10 rebs/game for the year would have amassed that much in the 4 1/2 games he missed due to the injury. He could have gotten those 3 steals too. But nevertheless, such is the game of fantasy hoops particularly in the Serious Playas league. So congratulations shaman... no doubt next year will be just as close.


Blacktop's title hopes ended 4 games early this year, as Yao was carted off after a game with the Utah Jazz. Check out those Eurotrash black denim jeans! That's not business casual!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this shit is amazing.... I was good this year... had a better team than last year even... and it was fun coming from behind ... chasing the Bastion... but I was fortunate this year... yes, I had a more solid team... but I didn't end up paying for my mistakes as much as last year... I had more margin for error this time... ya gotta have some room for error when the seaon winds down... especially in this league!... I can't wait for next year's finish!...

by the way... I beat an awesome team in the Blingblingers... Marion, Vince, Yao, Josh Smith, etc... if Yao had played all year... things would probably be different... great trades by the way!... I'm not sure who did a better job this year... I think both of our trading worked out well... although I shoulda gotten more for Maggettte...

anyway, it was fun... redemtion is mine.... the pressure is off... watch out for me next year!... and every year... I can't wait!

shaman

two words Nicky: team blogs